Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Wow.

Well, here I am one month later. I have not gained any back, and I've lost just about a pound or 2 since the last post.

I took it easier on myself through the rest of December and the holidays. I had to. I didn't slip or slide...I just let it be and worked my best while not watching things as closely.

I'm now into the first week of my second round of whole 30 and I'm stricter. I like that I took a bit of a break and didn't gain too badly.

I have been easing into the New Year. Coming home was full of sadness...an empty house and all that. I have a roommate now and while I didn't know how I would feel about it, I think it is a good thing.

The next part of my goal is to keep cooking and taking care of the house while expanding to getting back into the evening walk and to get back to the gym for CrossFit. I also need to continue the momentum with recipes and weekend clean eating (which hasn't really been a problem) so I am well prepared for those times when I'm busy.

I have ordered a new stove and I have to say, I'm pretty excited about it. My old stove is kind of in it's decline and takes longer than things should to cook. I now have a true convection oven that also does dehumidifying etc. I'm excited to be able to cook things faster and slower, depending on what is needed. And, as usual, I will continue with my trusty slowcooker about 3x a week for the big cuts of meat that I can only seem to cook well in there.

The types of things I've been eating are:

Balsamic Roast Beef (Slowcooker)
http://www.primallyinspired.com/crockpot-balsamic-roast-beef/
Scotch Breakfast Sausage Eggs
https://stupideasypaleo.com/2013/11/23/paleo-breakfast-sausage-scotch-eggs/
Spiced Baked Chicken Drummies
http://www.sexymoxiemama.com/2015/10/21/the-best-baked-drumsticks-whole-30/
For this recipe I also tried it on pork chops and chicken breast...not so much a fan.
Apple Cider Pulled Pork 
http://whole30.com/2016/03/whole30-slow-cooker-recipes-part-three/
I did this recipe with 1 cut up apple (no apple cider), 2 T of apple cider vinegar, and 2 T of liquid hickory smoke. To DIE for. I used a rib roast as well, because that's what I have. I also used red onion.
Fajitas (strips beef and peppers and onion stir fried with this seasoning) 
http://www.thepinningmama.com/fajita-seasoning-mix-paleo-whole30-compliant/
Shepherds Pie
http://true-hw.com/blog/2016/02/11/whole-30-shepherds-pie
I also do my Shepherds Pie with some clove, nutmeg and allspice in the meat mix and cinnamon in the sweet potato for a more indian tasting dish.

The other thing I eat a lot of is steamed salmon, or poached in vinegar. Be careful about your salmon sources. I usually buy frozen at sea wild pacific. I am a bit skittish about that but I'd rather chance radiation over farmed salmon.

Sides
I've been lazy with sides. I often have baked sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, and squash. And, I did up 4 lbs of boiled beets and bottled them in just pure vinegar. So good!

I also do mashed turnip and carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper.

I have basically been trying to stretch whatever is in the fridge until grocery day so that involves meal planning with whatever it is that I have. Usually, I will just google whatever recipe in whatever cooking way I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment